[IP] "merely carbs''?

Greetings-
I agree  that 'carb counting' doesn't really cover everything - especially high fat indulgences, however I have found thatwith a little experimentation, at my own expense, of course, doubling my basal rate on my Diesetronic pump covers it nicely, for the most part, and I imagine some folks with MM might use the square wave to their advantage too.

Naturally YMMV, but I find on truly pigging out occasions, I personally need toset the alarm for a late night check(or even two) to regulate what I anticipate will be a problem for me.  I think curtailing my indulgences would indeed be the better part of discretion.
Dianne