Re: [IP] Important Question

> Also, since this scare, I am now worried about my pump accidently
> malfunctioning and giving me way to much insulin.  I know this rarely occurs,
> but has this happened to anyone??????????
>
> Thanks...Laurie

I started pumping 17 1/2 years ago.  At that time, the "newer" pumps no longer
had this problem but many people reported it with some older ones.  What used to
happen (remembered they were quite different then) was that the method of
delivery involved running through a dose.  It was possible for the pump to run
through its whole dose and all the insulin in the syringe unless you watched it.
This has not been possible for 18 or more years though.