Re: [IP] Newbie needs help

Ted wrote:

>When there' a fair amount of fat and protein in
>a meal it may be best to spread the bolus out using a square or dual bolus,
>if you have an MM 507c, anyway.
>It takes experimenting,

To add to what Ted wrote:  For high fat meals, like pizza or burgers (Chinese
food last night), I've had REALLY good results with counting the carbs,
bolusing half at the start of the meal, and spreading the rest over 2 hours.  I
currently use a mix of H and V, 4:1, so my insulin is mostly Humalog.  It took
me a long time to arrive at these numbers, but perhaps this would be a good
starting point for other people.

Mary Jean