Re: [IP] Newbie needs help

A few things come to mind that may have been the cause for high bg's.  When
eating out, it is more difficult to gauge carbs/cals/ because portions tend
to be larger and generally when we are preparing meals at home, we have
control over how much fat, etc is in food.  Usuallly restaurants do not use
low cal or lite anything - so there are hidden calories.  Depending upon the
type of food you ate out, it could be one of those foods that your child is
sensitive to.  For example, I find that when I eat Chinese or japanese
foods, my bg's raise rapidly (maybe due to the quick fix rice - the less
time it takes for a food to cook, the greater effect it has on the rise and
fall of your bg's.  For example, it is much better to use long grain cooking
rice than minute rice because the way that it cooks could be the same way it
effects your glucose.  If you are already aware of these factors, it could
be preindication of an infection coming on.  Hope this helps!