Re: [IP] Important Question

email @ redacted wrote:
> Also, since this scare, I am now worried about my pump accidently
> malfunctioning and giving me way to much insulin.  I know this rarely occurs,
> but has this happened to anyone??????????

This isn't really possible with the newer pumps. It used to happen with
earlier ones, or so I;ve heard, but modern electronic controls will
automatically shut down the pump and alarm if it starts to run away
like that.

Don't worry about the possibility of overdoing a square bolus that someone
else mentioned, that ONLY applies to newer MiniMed pumps, definitely not
any Disetronic such as yours.

Ted Quick