Re: [IP] Newbie needs help

    I know how hard getting started with a pump can be.  However ya'll will
have to go through a learning process.  It sounds like ya'll did not count
the carbs right for breakfast.  There's know reason your daughters blood
sugar should have gone up to 398.  Some people respond to insulin differently
than other people.  Your daughter may need more insulin than what is
considered normal.  I take 1 unit of insulin for every 10 grams of carbs.  So
if I ate something that had 30 grams of carbs I would take 3 unit of Humalog
Insulin which works great for me, but my Mother has to take 2 unit of Humalog
insulin of every 10 grams of carbs.  So everybody is different an just
because your daughter is a small young person she still could require more
insulin.  The size of a person means nothing.
   Keep a watch on her blood sugars an after a period of time ya'll will
realize what needs to be done to help keep her sugar in a tight range.
   Also change her infusion sites often (every two days).
                        My thoughts an prayers are with your daughter
                                   an everyone in your family