Re: [IP] Docs for no pumps

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>
> << Specifically, the reason for the poor control in
>  the first place. Consider this.....
>
>  Taking into account all the difficulties a child
> has with control in
>  addition to those brought about by growth spurts,
> raging hormones,
>  etc...  >>
>
> I was answering a question about an adult, as to why
> a doctor wouldn't start
> a pump.  Not a child or adolescent.  This doctor's
> practice DOES pump starts,
> just selectively.  I explained the reason I was
> told.  It did not apply to
> me, because they started my son without concern
> after they met him and
> realized he understood a lot about his diabetes
> care, and more importantly,
> because they are not his regular caregivers.  And
> just because my son keeps
> records, it does not imply I or his doctors are
> control freaks.  Please
> refrain from assuming only your opinion is correct
> in all instances.  I was
> about to drop from this list because of your
> arrogant replies to my comments,
> but then realized you are only one person and this
> is a list of many.

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

michael

ihave to said that i have 3 yr old that am trying hard
to get on the pump and in the long run the day to day
records will help us out. i write down all bs and what
he eats 24/7. i know what works and what does not. so
if that makes me a control freak so be it.but i know
what  the slightest differnts in his diabetes.

thought i would just share this with you.

becky
nathan 3  dx 12months

===
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON        BECKY