Re: [IP] Docs for no pumps

In a message dated 7/25/99 4:28:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Specifically, the reason for the poor control in
 the first place. Consider this.....
 Taking into account all the difficulties a child has with control in
 addition to those brought about by growth spurts, raging hormones,
 etc...  >>

I was answering a question about an adult, as to why a doctor wouldn't start
a pump.  Not a child or adolescent.  This doctor's practice DOES pump starts,
just selectively.  I explained the reason I was told.  It did not apply to
me, because they started my son without concern after they met him and
realized he understood a lot about his diabetes care, and more importantly,
because they are not his regular caregivers.  And just because my son keeps
records, it does not imply I or his doctors are control freaks.  Please
refrain from assuming only your opinion is correct in all instances.  I was
about to drop from this list because of your arrogant replies to my comments,
but then realized you are only one person and this is a list of many.