Re: [IP] Who should represent diabetes?

She may well be a role model and sometimes it is necessary for diabetics to
be scared..even if newly diagnosed.
What you wish to see if a healthy person out there doing thier jogging
looking like a picture of health..well that isn't exactly the way it is
with diabetes.  Diabetes kills..I have lost a few friends and family to
diabetes and they DID take wonderful care of themselves.
Life isn't always full of health.
You wouldn't want me as a spokesperson then because I also have a servic
dog and am in a wheelchair..I am not able to jog and my BGs are not perfect
because of other health problems. I struggle everyday to do my best with
all I have to deal with. I would feel very sad to think if you saw me you
would judge me just  because I have a service dog and am in my
wheelchair..I hate stereotyping of people.
It sounds as if this woman has a service dog..what is wrong with that??
Do you know her personally?
If you have such good control why not call the media?
Enough said and anyone who would call a person a "freak show" really has
alot to learn about life and disabilities..
One upset diabetic...

<.She is not a role model