Re: [IP] Who should represent diabetes?

In a message dated 7/25/99 2:32:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I probably don't need to solicit responses, but here goes: does anyone
agree or disagree? >>

I agree.  I prefer to hear about the seemingly "normal" people who you later
find out are succeeding in spite of having diabetes.  Especially professional
athletes, because I know how tough managing diabetes and exercise can be.
Much better role models for kids (and adults).  I wish I read about them more
in the newspaper instead of just the Diabetes Forecast.