Re: [IP] Docs for no pumps

In a message dated 7/25/99 2:31:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  So, I think this is a ni-ni blanket for the
 docs rather than a real necessity to achieve good control.  >>

I think you missed the point.  If a patient does not have good control, and
is not willing to keep records so that the doctors could make suggestions for
improvement, they feel giving that patient a pump is not going to magically
give them good control, which is what some patients think.  I agree with you,
once under control, the bookkeeping becomes more lax.  For Stephen, who is
12, we only asked for bookkeeping to start up again when his numbers went
wacky and we didn't understand why.  Once we made adjustments again, the
bookkeeping slacked off a bit, but never went away.  I don't expect him to
write everything he eats and every test result down once we have his pump
regime down, but until then, he has to keep a diary.