Re: [IP] Docs for no pumps

> but she won't give it to them until they do a better
> job with "bookkeeping."  She said that some of these people have
> ignored their selfcare for years, now think going on the pump is a
> cure.  Their team firmly believes the pump will only "do its job" if
> the users "do their job" too, meaning testing often, keeping
> records, learning and understanding carbocounting etc.  Not everyone
> is ready to make that commitment.  Until she sees that commitment,
> she and the other CDEs and doctors in her group won't make the
> effort to educate or write the letter of necessity for a pump.

I tend to agree, but...... I have to say that a couple of years ago,
Lily stopped keeping a log. She carb counts and calculates and looks
at the bg log in her meter occasionally. I would like to see the log
information because it makes it somewhat easier to adjust basal rates
and to track problems, but in reality she has done a splendid job
without the "bookeeping". So, I think this is a ni-ni blanket for the
docs rather than a real necessity to achieve good control. Sure, it
would be nice in a perfect world, but Lily routinely achieves hba1c's
of 7 or better. Busy people simply don't want to put the effort into
keeping detailed hourly records that get looked at by someone else
every few weeks or months.