Re: [IP] camp experinence

At this Girl Scout camp some of the counselors have diabetes. One of the counselors this year had a pump. She wasn’t my daughter’s counselor. When I told the health staff that Eve had a pump it was no big deal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane B Reese <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Cc: Jane <email @ redacted>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 1999 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] camp experinence

Deborah -  I also survived GS camp, and it was one of the best thiings I ever did - but then I became diabetic, and they wouldn't let me be a counselor.  I grew up in the girl scouts and i think it's GREAT!  At summer camp I took kids out on the Appalachian Trail  right before a hurricane hit, and we all got soaked but the kids were great, and so was I.  I wish (WISH!) there had been pumps for me then!!!  Your daughter will LOVE her pump!  I've been diabetic for 35 years, on  pump for 6 months, and can't believe the freedom!!!!  Good luck to you and your daughter!
Jane ( Troop 695)