Re: [IP] Re: birthday parties & Type II Amy

In a message dated 7/24/99 8:50:25 PM US Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< I'm a Type 11 also, and was never told anything except "you don't
 need to see an endo," needless to say when I finally did (5 years of
 pleading) I was *immediately* put on insulin.  So much for diet and oral

If having DM has taught me nothing else, it's taught me to take charge of my
*own* health! As for docs who don't think we need an endo, I had a doc once
who insisted he could take care of me himself, then amended his statement to,
"Well, maybe you could go over there once a year for a tune-up and to have
your dosages adjusted." He was horrified when I told him I'd already adjusted
my dosage twice. That day. And he immediately became my former doc (i.e., I
fired him).