Re: [IP] Re: birthday parties & Type II Amy

In a message dated 7/24/1999 8:16:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> type 2 who's chugging liquid (no matter whether diet or not), you might
>  want to suggest *why* s/he is so thirsty. Try to understand that there may
> be
>  a huge lack of knowledge. And try to gently nudge them toward a place that
>  will teach. It may be the doc who's giving "us" a bad name.

Well said!  I'm a Type 11 also, and was never told anything except "you don't
need to see an endo," needless to say when I finally did (5 years of
pleading) I was *immediately* put on insulin.  So much for diet and oral