[IP] what not to say...

I certainly have heard some folks with diabetes express their offense at
being labeled a "diabetic" as opposed to having diabetes.  The school of
thought seems to be "I am not my disease"  I - like you, however, am not
offended by the reference and think it's just one more of those over
reactions from hypersensitive people.  It seems everyone has taken up
the cause of semantics and PC is all the rage.  I am a diabetic.  I have
diabetes.  Either way - to me - the end result is the same - my pancreas
dosen't work!