[IP] birthday parties & Type II Amy

Hi Amy -
Good to hear you!  I think you're right about the Type II's.  I can't tell you how many folks haven't a clue that there's more than one type of diabetes and also to their way of thinking, taking shots means you're 100% sicker than a Type II, and therefore cannot afford any of the indulgences of most Type II's (namely not Carbo Counting) and of course, going on the pump means, to them, you're about ready to kick the proverbial bucket.

I can't tell you the number of times I've heard folks tell me about their relative (Type II) and what they can and cannot eat.

Education is the key and you sound like an educator to me.  Keep it up.
Dianne