[IP] diabetic fantasy & bulimia

Am so glad to feel the support coming through on this 'real' diabetic problem - seems to be just another one of those things the docs forget to mention to us.  And certainly not something I've heard others fess up to in any other forum.  According to most endos I know, diabetics are either 'golden' or non-compliant (which was suggested as someone who willfully did what was 'wrong' in spite of the consequences.)  Neither one seemed to fit me, and while I was on the roller coaster, I struggled for years over-compensating for common lows by eating everything under the sun and ending up miserable 90% of the time.

I've often thought it would be great if docs -especially endos- were hooked up to a pump and had to spend a month as a diabetic- including listening to all the advice dispensed by every relative they have, on what they should and should not do.  And, in this fantasy, they get say a few units of real Humalog in their pretend pump, just so they can shake rattle and roll with the rest of us (if they're lucky and it doesn't kill them!)  I think they'd be a lot more sensitive.

At any rate I'm glad to know you're out there.  I am still overeating, but my BG are better.  And my weight is at least stable.  Thank God for the pump!