>From: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #304
>Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:38:34 -0000
>Susan K,
>Yes, we have used Humalog occasionally, but only if she is over
>500 because 1/2 unit of Humalog will drop her blood sugar by 400
>points in only 30 minutes....I guess because she is so small.  She
>is only 23 months old and 25 lbs.  We haven't tried diluting her
>humalog yet...her pedi endo seems content to let her sugars run
>high rather than risk a low due to her age.  I hate that she usually
>runs 300's but she is just not consistant...they are also mixed with
>100's so I'm afraid to adjust her NPH.  I've only been at this for
>barely 2 months and just really feel lost!  We go back to the pedi
>endo on Monday...maybe he will be able to tell us what we should
>Michaele (mother of Brooke dx 5-23-99)
>email @ redacted

Dear Michaele, i was reading your post.  I am 17 and was diagnosed 13 days
before your daughter, so I guess we have been doing this about the same
amount of time.  I'm not a parent, so I can't tell you that I know how you
feel watching your daughter go through all this (but my mom probably could.)
  But the people on this list are great.  This may not be any consolation,
but maybe Brooke, being diagnosed so young, will see her diabetes as just
another part of her life instead of a huge difference.  Getting it at 17 is
hard: I thought I was too old to get it.  Anyway, write back if you want.