Re:[IP] Diabetes Control & Complications Trial - Follow Up Study

Andrea and all IP,
msg01873 Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:13:47 -0400 (EDT)
Andrea Seitz asked about a follow-up study on the original participants of
the Diabetes Control and Complications
Trial (DCCT)
I found only the abstract of the study's presentation at the
American Diabetes Association 59th meeting last month San Diego.

This one is Abstract #: 0078
Prolonged Effects of DCCT Intensive Therapy on Complications
After Four Years of EDIC Follow-up
John M. Lachin...

There are so many more things there too!
web addresses to use:
or "Visit the 59th Scientific Sessions Online." from the American
Diabetes Association home page
there see "Features" , "Abstracts online" to get to the above address.
Here you can search by:
Number       just type in the number
Author/Title DCCT got 6 records for me, below>
Category     which has a pulldown-box, Choose "Complications, Ocular"

6 results from Author/Title search for "DCCT" , I have abbreviated
multiple-authors lists by showing only first, "..." for remainder :

Abstract #0078 Prolonged Effects of DCCT Intensive Therapy on
               Complications After Four Years Of EDIC Follow-up
John M. Lachin, ... , The George Washington University, Rockville, MD

idAbs=0187     A family history of Type 2 Diabetes predicts excess weight
gain in subjects with Type 1 Diabetes on intensive insulin therapy in the
John E. Hokanson, ... , University of Washington, Seattle, WA; ...

idAbs=0429     The Impact of the DCCT and of Humalog Treatment on
Glycohemoglobin (HbA1c) and Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes
Howard P Chase,... , University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver,

idAbs=0641     The Association Between Neuroelectrophysiology and  Clinical
Neuropathy in Type 1 Diabetes: An Exploratory Analysis of the
Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT)
Shu-Ping (Shirley) Lan, ... , Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT

idAbs=0666     The Relationship of Glycemia to the Risk of Development and
Progression of Retinopathy in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial
F. John Service, ..., Mayo Clinic/Foundation, Rochester, MN

Searching through the titles of abstracts offered on this webaddress
shows many others of interest to some here in IP :
Many studies on insulin analogs, both the LisPro (Humalog ) many
of us now use, and the "Glargine" we have discussed here recently,
Aspart, HOE1, HOE901 , NN304 albumin,
0432 0467 0416 0448 0417 0425 0481 0471 0437
Getting your HbA1c results immediately : 0491
Insulin-pump startup dose : 0264
Using insulin pump night-time only for young children : 0050
CSII (That's doctor-speak for pumping-insulin = "Continuous Subcutaneous
Insulin Infusion" ) after kidney transplantation : 414
implanted infrared glucose sensor 0426 0454 0470 (Animas Corp)
mail-in(?)paper-card-spot A1c system : 0477 0435
implanted pump insulin formulation : 0461
0261 Maternal usage of Regular vs Humalog
(many of these titles have been paraphrased or abbreviated by me)

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA