[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #304

Susan K,

Yes, we have used Humalog occasionally, but only if she is over
500 because 1/2 unit of Humalog will drop her blood sugar by 400
points in only 30 minutes....I guess because she is so small.  She
is only 23 months old and 25 lbs.  We haven't tried diluting her
humalog yet...her pedi endo seems content to let her sugars run
high rather than risk a low due to her age.  I hate that she usually
runs 300's but she is just not consistant...they are also mixed with
100's so I'm afraid to adjust her NPH.  I've only been at this for
barely 2 months and just really feel lost!  We go back to the pedi
endo on Monday...maybe he will be able to tell us what we should
Michaele (mother of Brooke dx 5-23-99)