Re: [IP] New on pump

email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi, my name is Mike and I went on the pump (507C) Monday. Getting adjusted
> and trying to hone in on the correct basals and insulin ratio. It's amazing
> the kind of control you can achieve. I remember some discussion awhile back
> on delayed digestion but didn't pay much attention at the time. I know it can
> happen with high fat foods like pizza but I 'm feeling like the insulin is
> kicking in earlier than the food, even at breakfast where I generally eat
> TOTAL cereal and a banana. I take Humalog and take it right before I eat. Any
> helpful comments will be appreciated.

2 suggestions. I mix 5 Humalog to 1 Regular (others use Velosulin) to keep
it stable and, to a lesser extent, last a bit longer.

Besides that, why not bolus during or just after the meal, rather than before.
I do that anyway when I'm low before a meal. Minor adjustments in timing can
take out some of the bumps.

Ted Quick