Re: [IP] Re: Insulin and Karen

In a message dated 7/21/99 11:02:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< .  So logically wouldn't the NPH to UL be similar.  Take the
 H or R and NPH and UL and slowly wein off the NPH and add to the UL?
 I would think by going cold to UL you would have a big rollarcoaster
 problem.  >>
I see what you are saying Sherry and unfortunately I don't have any
experience.  I went from NPH to the pump to UL but to me I would think going
from the long acting insulin to Reg poses the same hazards.  Isnt that why we
all find it takes a while to get it all figured out?  I found any switching
inevitably was difficult.  I went off UL 48 hours before starting the pump
which meant the day before starting the pump checking my Bs every 3 hours and
taking a lot of regular especially at night.  Something I wasnt really
thrilled with.  So I guess my answer is yes it might be hard but isnt any
kind of change difficult at first, until we find out how are bodies work.