[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] pump insurance

Robin - My pump is listed on an Inland Marine Policy (scheduled personal
property policy) under the Fine Arts Coverage.  I listed the serial numbers on
both my D pumps and have them insured for $4500.00.  You will have to provide
your agent with something dated within the last 2 years, either a receipt or
something from the manufacture, stating the value.  I would suggest you schedule
it because that way it has All Risk coverage (theft lost or broken, etc.).  I
didn't really think about all of this until  I threw myself off my SeaDoo and
came unattached from my pump when I hit the water.  Luckily, I caught the tender
that WAS attached to my stomach as the pump was sinking to the bottom of the
lake.  Had I lost the pump it would have been covered under my homeowners policy
but I would have had to pay the deductible.  Now that I have it listed on an IM
policy if anything happens like that again (hopefully not)  it will be fully
covered with no deductible.  Anyway, hope this helps.

Insulin Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/
for mail subscription assistance, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org