Re: [IP] pump insurance

Robin - My pump is listed on an Inland Marine Policy (scheduled personal
property policy) under the Fine Arts Coverage.  I listed the serial numbers on
both my D pumps and have them insured for $4500.00.  You will have to provide
your agent with something dated within the last 2 years, either a receipt or
something from the manufacture, stating the value.  I would suggest you schedule
it because that way it has All Risk coverage (theft lost or broken, etc.).  I
didn't really think about all of this until  I threw myself off my SeaDoo and
came unattached from my pump when I hit the water.  Luckily, I caught the tender
that WAS attached to my stomach as the pump was sinking to the bottom of the
lake.  Had I lost the pump it would have been covered under my homeowners policy
but I would have had to pay the deductible.  Now that I have it listed on an IM
policy if anything happens like that again (hopefully not)  it will be fully
covered with no deductible.  Anyway, hope this helps.
Gina