[IP] Welcome Maddy

I started on the pump 6 weeks ago because I also had extreme swings in my
blood sugars and I have experienced a wonderful improvement.  Every now
again I run into a problem but on the whole my blood sugars are very
stable.  This means that when I do have extreme swings I have a better
chance of isolating whatever is causing them.  For ezample, because I am
now stable most of the time I can pinpoint times when I've miscalculated my
carbs, or when I haven't lowered my basal rate enough for exercise.  It
does take time to establish the correct basal rate and I have found that
the basal rate will need to be changed occasionally but when it is correct
I find my blood glucose levels stay remarkably constant.  Good luck!