Re: [IP] Re: Insulin and Karen

Dear Sherry,
    I can offer a few insights on why some people switch to Ultralente. After
many years of using NPH, it was determined that NPH doesn't last as long in
me as "advertised". This resulted in a lot of management problems, especially
high swings when it petered out. Ultralente, when calculated appropriately,
can provide a nearly peakless background, similar to what the basal rate does
with the pump. This made better control possible for me, and gave me much
more flexibility than NPH ever had. Until the pump came along, it was the
best thing that had ever happened to me, diabetically speaking. But, I'll
still take the pump any day !!

Karen O'Neil