Re: [IP] Re: Insulin and Karen

Sherry,

My doctor put me on the Ultralente and Humalog (He called this the poor man's
pump) prior to the pump for several reasons.  1) U acts much like the basal of
the pump.  2) It would help me to get used to counting carbs and getting my
boluses closer to normal.  3) He felt it was a better way of controlling my
diabetes without the swings.  4) To see how willing I was to take control of my
diabetes and follow his advice.

He was right! (Gosh I hate admitting that)  There were times when I would
question what he had me doing or make suggestions of my own which he considered
and we worked from there.  For the first couple of weeks I had to call in my
numbers every Tues and Friday.  (I was new to insulin) After being on the pump a
while he told me to adjust as needed but to let him know, which works out really
well.
Donna