Re: [IP] BS & Insulin Question

Im not the one with the problem with my doc, but had I not followed his advice
upon going to him or at least told him what I was doing he wouldn't have given
me the pump.  I do adjust my own basal and bolus and then let him know.  My
response was to someone trying to get the pump.  I have found that many doctors
are unwilling to put someone on the pump who will not follow their advice, and
it makes it much harder for that doctor to treat a patient correctly if he
thinks you are doing one thing while in fact you are doing something else.  If
he thinks someone is on 25 U + 25 H /day and in fact they are on 30 N that can
make a big difference when being switched to the pump.  When trying to get a
pump one needs to be totally honest and upfront with the doc.