[IP] (no subject)

Sara ---
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!  I was starting to wonder if my "you can have green
hair for all I care, but your diabetes care is not a negotiable point" speech
was going to warp my daughter for life.  Parents (without diabetes) are
always wondering how to make their kid's life "NORMAL" --- what we need to
realize is that this is normal and ignoring it at times because the child
"has so much extra to deal with" or feeling guilty and wondering what we did
to cause it doesn't help the child in the long run.  I'm allergic to fruit
and you think Andrea lets me eat anything with fruit in it?? -- no way.
Thanks for the pep talk from one who knows.

Liz B.