[IP] Re: adjusting to the pump and Sara's punishment treatise

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] A1C results
> How long did it take you to regulate your basels, bolus etc.  I have been on
> the pump for almost 2 weeks.  I am all over the place.
> They want to make slight changes and one at a time, Is this how it works?
> Kathie

Hang in there!  Your experience sounds a lot like mine when I made the transition to the pump.  It WAS frustrating and slow, and I DID feel pretty crappy while things were in flux.  However, it has been well worth the hassle, and I have never regretted the decision to use the pump.  When you get back in balance, I'm pretty sure you'll be glad to have that little plastic friend clipped to your belt.  Feel free to e-mail me off the list if you are looking for specific feedback or just encouragement.

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] What not to say or do cont.LONG
> I can't have a twinkie...that is unfair...but folks Diabetes IS unfair.  Just cuz you work hard, do your
> homework and keep your blood sugar under 140 does not guarantee you a 6
> figure income or a complication free life.  I think learning HOW to live, how
> to cope with what what you get in this crap shoot,  is something children
> NEED to be taught by their parents, and that includes learning how to live
> with diabetes.  We need to be taught how to make STRONG choices (and not just
> with Diabetes things), as well as what the consequences will be if we make
> WEAK choices (and again, not just with Diabetes!).

Amen, sister!  I have to say that I do NOT condone actual spanking, but I definitely agree with your premise and your passion on the issue.  Life IS a crap shoot, and all kids (and adult kids) eventually have something difficult to deal with in life.  Teaching people to deal with difficulties in general helps them deal with difficulties in specific.  Diabetes management is but one of so many examples.