[IP] Sand in the pump

I just got Jenna's Disetronic pump back from the service dept today - no
problems detected.  Why is this good news?  When we were at the beach, she
forgot to put the red cap on the pump, that keeps water out from around the
insulin cartridge.  So, the pump was in sand and salt water for 9 days.
When I went to change the insulin cartridge at the end of the week, it was
so crusted in by sand, I had to take a table knife and pry it out.  We
calmly switched to the other pump, and I called the D rep who thought it
would be good to have it checked to be sure no sand worked its way into the
motor.  All clear!

Nancy Morgan, mom of Jenna