[IP] Freedom

I've always been a little skeptical of the use of the word "Freedom" in
relation to using the insulin pump until last night.  Andrea has always
counted carbs and she often took extra insulin to cover any extra food she
wanted.  But after last night, I think the freedom of the pump comes not from
"getting to eat whenever and whatever you want" -- but from NOT HAVING TO EAT
if you don't want to.  Andrea wasn't hungry before Cross Country practice (at
5:30 PM for Pete's sake) and wasn't really hungry after either.  We just
looked at each other and grinned!!  Not hungry -- Don't eat!  (Of course, I'm
not recommending skipping dinner as a constant practice -- but it sure felt
good after 6 years of watching the clock and force feeding my daughter!)

Liz B.