[IP] Letter of Medical Necessity, STRIPS etc...

Well, I asked a while back for someone to send me a copy of a letter to an
insurance company that worked, but since I didn't get any replies, I sat
down and wrote one myself.  Michael expressed an interest so I sent my my
rough draft, he thought it was a bit "combative" so I toned it down (just
barely) and took it to my Dr.  He read it, and signed it immediately, and
wished me luck.  I mailed it off.

I got my Dr.'s signature on the letter last Wed. and mailed it on Thursday.
Today, (Monday) I got a call from my HMO, they said they are sending me a
meter and 2 months worth of strips, and lancets, according to my Dr.'s  8
test a day routine, and there will be an 800 # with the package, and anytime
I need more strips or lancets, to just call the # and they will deliver them
to my door!!!   I don't know what kind of meter it is, but it's FREE and so
are the STRIPS!!!

Maybe it won't be a bad meter, maybe it won't be the one I like the best,
but my insurance is paying for the meter, the strips, the lancets, the pump,
the pump sets, the IV3000, the IV Prep, the Batteries, all because I am the
"squeaky wheel"  Let me know if anyone would like a copy of the letter!

David  Type 1 {LADA}  (who LOVES his MM 507c Insulin Pump)