Re: [IP] You have to love your kids :-)

When Kelly was dx we were living in Japan, and the only meter available
was the old kind you have to wipe, so that's what we had, and we only
had one.  In the middle of one night, she had a fever so I went to check
her blood sugar and she threw up all over the meter.  Needless to say,
it stopped working.  Of course I was panicked, because my husband was
out of the country, so I was alone with 3 children under the age of 4,
we had 3 feet of snow on the ground,  it was 2AM and we were in rural
Japan, where I had no means of getting another monitor even if I could
get my car to start.  It was not a good night.  BUT...I washed the
monitor, took it apart, and once it was dry, it worked again.