Re: [IP] Dawn phenomenon

> So does that mean I have this XX?  It kind of sounds like it.  So if
> you find the name, let me know so I can categorize it.  :)
Yep, you got it. Lily's doctor gave me an explanation a couple of
years ago after we'd sorted it all out. He used a lot of the nice
long "doctor" words, and I can't remember all the technical names,
just how it works. The one interesting thing was that Lily never had
XX on weekends unless she got up early (good luck!), only on school
days. Basically if she got extra rest of an hour or more, the bg rise
did not occur which is very interesting.

Anyway, I've always contended that the mathmatical relation ship
between the various ratios carb/insulin, carb/bg, and bg/insulin
REQUIRES that the meal bolus ratio must remain constant and that any
variation is caused by other factors which should be investigated and
compensated for independently. Your little test with the double
serving of carbs for breakfast is a good example of why variable
carb/insulin ratios should not be used. You've clearly found the
answer with the "wake up" bolus.

Have you ever eaten a 0 carb breakfast and checked the bg rise??