Re: [IP] You have to love your kids :-)

> Zachary was asked to clean his meter case because it had some blood
> in it...darling child ran the whole thing under the faucet - METER
> and all - You have got to love this kid.. Please extend your
> condolences to his clear green Precision QID - RIP.
> Luckily we have another few of them around here.
Water generally does not hurt electronics AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ON and
there are no batteries. Soap and water are used to clean electronic
assemblies routinely. Trapped water can be a problem. Remove any
doors, covers, etc.... if you can open the meter case do so. Leave it
in a warm place to dry for a day or two (on top of your set top cable
converter ) or some other place where there is excess heat. It should
work again in a few days.