Re: [IP] Serum glucose measurements

In a message dated 7/17/99 12:17:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< 2. Is there a reason why the conversion adjustment might
 work less well for me at some times than at others?  >>

		I can only tell you what little I know, but when we started
using the DEX which was serum measurements we had switched from the Profile
which was whole blood measurement.  I was confused at the difference between
the values.  When I called Customer service at Bayer, they said that the
higher you get over 300, or the lower you get under 60, the bigger the
discrepancy would be.  They said that a normal differential between
machine/lab values would be 12-15% however if you were over 300 or under 60
the difference could be up to 25-30% different.  Now that doesn't explain
your 70% difference, but being that it was SO low, it could be why?  Just a