[IP] Just can't seem to figure it out.

My 10 year old has been on the pump for three weeks. We have finally gotten her basal rates in pretty good shape. Our problem is this. After breakfast (with an AM BG of around 100) my daughter goes up in the 300s an hour and a half to two hours after eating. We have tried increasing her insulin/carb ratio but then she crashes. We have tried bolusing 10 min.before she eats...that doesn't work eather. If we correct the 300 with a modest bolus which would normally bring her down to about 200, she will get about a 100 in an hour and a half. We have tried different foods that were less carb heavy...no difference. She had the same kind of thing happen when she was on shots as well. Any ideas as to about what is going on??? Linda M.