[IP] white water rafting

I know this subject was mentioned before, and I am grateful for the advice given about how to protect the pump while rafting, but I have another question.  We were thinking about going rafting in a couple of weeks when we go to Canada.  I told my mom that someone here had suggested putting it in a baggie and duct taping it shut.  Our problem is what happens if I were to fall in?  Mom doesn't want to go if it will risk damaging my pump.  I know the minimed is water resistant, and the plastic cover should help, but I'm afraid if I fell in that would be the end of it.  We have not put it on our homeowner's insurance- does anyone else here do that?  Should I worry about falling in and having my pump not work any more, or am I being overly cautious?