[IP] Scarring

Hi Everyone,
I play USTA tennis and after our team match last night we were
all sitting around the club lounge snacking and talking.  I
noticed a player on the other team pull out an insulin pump,
take a bolus, and put the pump back.  I have to tell you I
was in disbelief.  I have been talking to you on this list
and learning so much, and actually become quite obsessed with
finding information, and obtaining a pump for myself.  But it
occured to me as she did this, that it was my first experience
being face to face with a pumper.  I was very excited.  I talked
to her about it and found out that she had been pumping 11 years,
used a MM (Model I didn't get), and couldn't imagine living without
it.  (The normal pump user response...not living without it that is).:)
She did say that one of the negatives was that you could experience
some scarring from the infusion sets. She showed me her stomach which
had marks all over it.  For those pumpers who have been pumping for
several years, do you have this same problem?  Or is it specific to
certain skin types, or healing times?  And to make it clear, I
am not asking because I am vain, it just wasn't something I had
heard mentioned before.

Thanks.  Sherry