Re: [IP] soft sets vs. silhouettes

In a message dated 7/15/99 9:43:01 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

 << The sil, we found out when
 removing it, was only in at about a 15 to 20 degree angle.  >>

Deb,  I am sure I am not as thin as your son, but I have alot of muscle in my
stomach area.  I put the sil in at a 10 degree or less angle.  I don't think
my sil/tender can be too shallow although people have said something about
that at this site.  Of course, YMMV, but if he is a skinny kid, I would try
just under the skin.  This has worked well for me.  I go deeper when I put
the sil/tender in my butt.  However, I have better absorption in my stomach.
I tried the sofset once and it did not work for me ( in stomach) when I
engaged in heavy exercise.  I was always getting blood in the cannula.  This
was a problem because I try to do some heavy exercise every day.
Keep trying.  I know this gets frustrating, but once you two figure it out,
you'll forget all the problems you once had.  It will get easier.  ellen