Re: [IP] Re: ora gel

In a message dated 7/15/99 10:37:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As the name implies, it is a gel and
 caused his skin to be very slippery when I tried to insert his tender.  The
 tender kept coming loose.  Maybe I should have wiped off the gel more but I
 thought that might lessen the numbing effect. >>

		I'm the person who uses the ora-jel for splinters.  I always
wipe it off well (actally we wash it), before we remove the splinter.  If you
think about it, when it's put in a baby's mouth it disolves soon after
application, but the gums are still numbed.  You can wipe it off and it will
work just as well if it's left on for a bit BEFORE you wipe it.  As I said
earlier, my son has a high pain tolerance and only uses a piece of ice for a
couple of minutes prior to insertion, so I think this will definitely be
sufficient for us.  Everyone is different though so what one may tolerate,
another may not.  His site gets changed later today, so I'll report back and
let everyone know.

Take care!