Re: [IP] blood donation

That's interesting.  When I told Blood Care I was on injections (at
that time) and I "reused" my 'disposable syringe', they were all
aghast and treated me like I had the Plague.  I was put on to their
"rejection" list and they won't even return my phone calls.

 Is that why they wouldn't take my blood before?  (I used a glass
syringe for weeks and then sterilized it in boiling water)   ;>)

> Here in the Southern CA area where I live (LA County), I went to my local Red
> Cross to donate blood.  They said it was fine.  As they were getting me set
> up they discovered that I use an insulin pump.  They wouldn't let me donate
> because of the pump.  They told me if I was on injections that I could and it
> didn't have anything to do with my bg control on the pump vs. shots.  They
> said the difference is that I have an infusion set in and that I could have a
> low grade infection and not know it and therefore contaminate the blood.
> Needless to say, I was ticked off!

Still willing, but Very Frustrated!

George Lovelace