Re: [IP] low blood sugars bad for fetus?

Non-diabetic women have lower bg readings when they are pregnant than when
they are not so a "normal" bg is in the 50-60 range, ocassionally even the
40s.  This means that your 30s to 40s aren't that low.  They obviously
aren't the best choice, but they do small damage, especially if you don't
stay low for more than a short time.  Hours a day of these would be less
than great.  1/2 here or there shouldn't have much effect.  They are more
risky to you than the baby.  I had lots of trouble getting things stabalized
at first and then ran slightly low 2nd trimester and am running higher 3rd
trimester.  According to both the reading I've done and the two doctors I am
working with this is pretty normal for a type 1 diabetic and there has been
no apparant damage to date.  Baby is due in early Sept.