Re: [IP] 300+ units a day?

I am currently 8 months pregnant.  My insulin needs have definately increased
especially in the last trimester, but not to anything close to 300 units a day.
I've gone from about 22-40 units per day (pre-pregnancy) to 45-65 with basals
that are starting to get close to 20 units a day.  I had one episode in the ER
in the 4th month and the ER doctor wanted to give me 20 units to bring me down
from 190 (after they gave me too much glucagon) and he claimed that this was a
small dose -- usually they give diabetics 100 units or more.  I think those kind
of numbers are based on people with Type 2 and not type 1 and certainly (as my
husband pointed out) not someone my size with minor or no insulin resistence.
Much of the literature on pregnancy and diabetes is based on type 2, not type
1.  Perhaps your doctor is confusing the two?  It is not uncommon.