RE: [IP] What not to say & question

>>question of everyone..  Who here remembers their first reaction?>>

I do. It was my first night in the hospital after diagnosis. I had had my
first shot of insulin (Lente) and I was shaking and sweating. It was 2 or 3
a.m. and couldn't sleep. I complained to the nurses and they ignored me. I
was 17. It was terrifying. Later, of course, I would learn the name for this
now-to-be common experience.
   I realize that I may not even have technically been hypo, but the
sensation of hypo was one of the worst I have ever experienced.