Re: [IP] getting supplies- venting

Julie,

     I am going through the same thing with Cigna.  They really are that
stupid!!!!  They cannot  understand that I NEED the infusion sets.  That is
the only thing I get from them.  I have prescriptions for all my other
supplies at a local pharmacy.  We have spent the last week trying to get
infusion sets since I also am getting ready to go out of town for a week.  I
finally got rude with them today and explained that "I need my insulin and
without the infusion set I cannot get my insulin.  I just can tell my insulin
to magically infuse itself everytime I need some!"  I don' think she liked my
attitude but I am tired of getting the runaround and not getting my supplies.
 They tried yesterday to tell my doctor that they could not give me my
infusion sets unless he sent them a letter stating my height , weight, age,
hair and eye color.  WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH INFUSION
SETS!?!?!?"  he said. "I don't care if she is 3 feet tall and weights 500
lbs. or if she is 7 feet tall and weighs 60 lbs. just send her the sets!"  I
thought all of this was taken care of yesterday until I woke this morning.
Anyway, I now have 4 boxes of infusion sets that will be here Monday.  I just
needed to vent too.  Good Luck.

               Cheri :)