[IP] low blood sugars bad for fetus?

I recently read the humulog insert, which said that hypoglycemia may
cause toxicity to the fetus.    I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been told
by my doctor that low blood sugars do not affect the fetus at all.  I've
also read this in several articles and books.  As a result, I have been
erring toward the low side, and have been experiencing a lot of readings
in the 30s and 40s.  Does anyone know more about this?  I am terrified
that I have been hurting my baby.