Re: [IP] blood donation

> I don't know about other countries but here in U.S.A. diabetics can
> donate blood...I'm a type 1 and I donate..

There was a thread on this subject last year. It appears that the
policies on who can/can not donate are implemented on a LOCAL level
and there is a lot of confusion about it. There appears to be no good
reason why a person with diabetes that is in good control can not
donate blood. There also is not any national policy which says that
they should not. The question again boils down to a lack of knowledge
on the part of the "professionals" involved so in the interest of
knitting appropriate "butt" covers they simply say that a person on a
pump should not donate. Let's see if we can fix that.