[IP] Blood donations

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  I was allowed to donate when I was
taking oral pills but not once I went to insulin after a year on the pills.
 I had donated 49 times up to then as was a little peeved that they
wouldn't let me make it 50.  They said it was for my own protection, but I
suspect it is because they have been devistated by the law suits over HIV
and Hepatitis C infection.  They don't want diabetics claiming they were
harmed by donating blood.